Newburgh Lodge No. 174
720 Filmore St, Newburgh, IN 47630, USA
Tuesday, May 29, 1855
Jeffrey Wayne Merrick
Stated Meeting Information:
3 TUE - 7:00 P.M., DEC MTG HELD 1 TUE - 7:00 P.M.
About Our Lodge
Newburgh Lodge No. 174 F&AM was chartered by the Grand Lodge of Indiana on May 29, 1855.
The first meeting Under Dispensation was held on June 6, 1854.
On February 12, 1864 the first Degree of the Eastern Star was conferred on 13 Lodge members and 17 Ladies. Records of future meetings started in December of 1865.
The newly chartered Newburgh Lodge No. 174 F&AM was located in downtown Newburgh. The Lodge address was 8 State Street, Newburgh, IN. In the beginning, all Lodge meetings were held on the second floor of the building while the first floor was leased as a Drug store. When the Druggist relocated the Lodge expanded and remodeled the first floor to serve as their dining room. After more than 100 years plans were made to build a new lodge building that would be up to date with building code changes and further from the river.
On April 21, 1962 Indiana Grand Lodge Officers performed the ritual of laying the new lodge buildings cornerstone. That building is our present loation 720 Filmore St. Newburgh, IN. Years later the building at 8 State St. had a fire and burned to the ground, today it is a parking lot.
Through good times and hard times our Lodge survived while our Country was dealing with issues like Cultural changes, ten Major Wars, Economic busts including the Great depression. Till this day we are a successful Lodge and we rank in the upper half of Lodges in membership in the State of Indiana.
NOTE: Members can find contact information on the Member Portal.
Kenneth A. Mitz
Ethan Todd Elleser
Chadd S. Huffman
Chad M. Hostetter
James T. Putnam